Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy 2008!

Greetings and welcome to 2008! Today I stuffed all the old Christmas decorations (plus some new ones I bought yesterday at K-Mart for 75% off) up in the loft over the garage where they will wait for another year to roll around.

With the holidays over, it is time for a fresh start! Here are my goals for the coming year:

Spiritual:
Take time for scripture study and prayer every day as a family in the morning, on my own during the day, and with my husband in the evening.

Parenting:
1. Show my children they are more important to me than my housework, hobbies and recreational pursuits by STOPPING what I am doing and giving them my full attention when they ask for it.
2. Expect more respect, show more respect.

Home improvement:
Remodel the upstairs bathroom and install a drip irrigation system in the front yard.

Writing:
Finish writing my second novel and go to the BYU Writing and Illustrating for Children conference.

Family History:
Finish interviewing my grandmother for her life history and catch up on printing out my photo-journal.

Housekeeping:
Constant maintenance will replace emergency disaster relief.

Music:
Memorize some new songs on the harp, practice the piano a little every day, and transcribe and arrange some more harp music out of the Edward Bunting "Ancient Music of Ireland" book. Oh, and build another 29 string harp!

There, that should keep me busy for a year!

1 comment:

Teric said...

Constant maintenance will replace emergency disaster relief.

It's nice to know that we're not alone, yes? This is also something I would very much like in our own home. It's certainly a good goal for which to strive.