Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Earthcrosser Update

I read my book through on Monday. I meant to take my time but I simply consumed it in three hours. I also meant to read it and just enjoy it the first time, but instead I had a pen in my hand and scribbled quick notes in the margins everywhere.

Now I'm not sure what to do next. I have never faced an entire first draft of a novel before. In the past I would always revise the earlier chapters multiple times before going on. I am trying to decide whether to mark up the whole book and then revise, or to mark up one chapter, revise it, and then mark up the next chapter.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

choose the write ;-)

Teric said...

I've always done it a chapter at a time, but then I've never written a novel-length story before. Not sure what to tell you, except:

I wanna read it!