Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's Only Pain

My allergies are winning. At dinner tonight, my husband passed me the broccoli and said, "Wow, you look really bad!"

I know I do. I looked in the mirror when I washed up for dinner. The skin around my eyes is blotchy, red, and swollen. It takes all the self control I have not to gouge my eyes out with my knuckles. I meant to go to a show tonight, but it is an outdoor show and I think that if I sit for two hours in the pollen-infused wind my eyes will swell shut.

My eyes feel better when they're closed. Maybe I should go to bed now.

5 comments:

matildawrites said...

Zyrtec, Claritin, store brands, it's all over the counter. You don't have to suffer.

Pmom@ChocolateandGarlic.com said...

I have been sneezing like crazy and my throat is all itchy. I checked the weather forecast and sure enough: high pollen alert! Apparently cedar is a big problem for me. No fun.

becbloggin said...

oh im so sorry. my allergies were at their worst about a month ago...no FUN! hope it gets better for you. i always hate taking allergy meds too because they mess with my mind and sleeping habits :)

Rebecca J. Carlson said...

I am taking allergy medicine, trust me. It just didn't work yesterday.

Kathy said...

It's only pain???? I would say it's hyper-irritible-miserable-quasi-madness... it's amazing to me how a bad allergy day can turn my Dr. Jekyll self into Mrs. Hyde in no time flat!!! medicine or not...