Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wishing for Dragons

When Pixar came out with the film "Toy Story," at first I was disappointed. Sure, talking toys were cute, but if someone had handed me a computer animation studio, I would have made something with dragons.

As time went on I came to love "Toy Story," along with the rest of Pixar's unusual fantasy films. Cars that talk? A rat that wants to be a chef? A fish whose son gets kidnapped by a dentist? The ideas sound like they will never work, but time and time again, they pulled it off---with great storytelling.

But now Pixar's rival animation studio Dreamworks has finally made the film I've been waiting fifteen years to see:

Looking forward to reviewing it on March 26th.

2 comments:

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

"What are you going to do?"
"Something crazy."

How can you not love that? My kids are going to dig this film.

Rebecca J. Carlson said...

Forget the kids! I'M going to dig this film.

Yes, I'm still nine years old inside.