Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What to Do with a Degree in Physics

I used to want to be a nuclear physicist. But that's a field that's hard to get into if you ever take leave from the academic world, and I jumped ship to raise my family about fifteen years ago.

Here's what I do instead:

I made this video at the request of my alma mater's society of physics students. They contacted all alumni with a request for a 30 second film that shows what we are doing with our degree now.

I've always wanted to be in a documentary film.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! What a cool thing to do as well. I bet a lot of students only have one goal in mind when they join a certain career and to hear what everyone else does with their degree is probably really helpful!

Hermana Maw said...

Very cool. You look great!

Heike said...

That is so cool, Rebecca. And to think that I know someone this smart. :)

Rebecca J. Carlson said...

Thanks, everyone!

The best part was toting my camera to school and grabbing random students, "Hey, will you help me with this video project?"

Jonene Ficklin said...

That's so cool! I just watched a documentary by Nova, following seven doctors for 20 years, from their first day of medical school and on. It's great to see how people use their education. Loved your clip! You make physicists look very good!

Unknown said...

Fun!!!!