Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hooray for WIFYR

I went to Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers for the first time in 2008. When I arrived, I had no idea what I was doing. When I left, I was on the road. I still had a long way to go, but I knew how to get there. All the presenters were so nice, and smart, and helpful. I was so impressed.

So impressed, in fact, that the next year I brought a conference buddy. WIFYR was too good not to share. And the year after that, I brought another friend of mine who wanted to get into illustrating.

This year I'm really excited to be bringing the best conference buddy of all. My very own daughter. And I'm trying to talk my sister into signing up too.

I can't say enough about this workshop. The people who go there, both the attendees and the presenters, are amazing. I learn so much every time I go.

I hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Jonene Ficklin said...

I had the same experience, Rebecca - except on the other side. I'll always be so grateful for the friend who brought me. I learned so much and like you, feel like I've been given the road. Hopefully, more aspiring writers will be able to take advantage of this great, yet affordable conference. Thanks for sharing the word!