Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions for 2009

In reviewing my goals from last year, it looks like I did pretty well. I got about half of them. I didn't manage to finish the upstairs bathroom, but I did install a drip irrigation system in the front yard. I finished interviewing my grandmother for her life history, but I didn't catch up on printing out my photo-journal. I never transcribed any more songs out of "Ancient Music of Ireland" but I did build another 29 string harp.

I completed both of my writing goals for 2008. I went to the BYU Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers Workshop AND I finished my second novel. However, my second novel was NOT the novel that I thought would be my second novel. Irony, irony.

My goals for this year:

Spiritual:
  1. Get in the habit of saying a prayer the moment I crawl out of bed
  2. Find someone who wants to visit with the missionaries (anybody out there? Just let me know!)
Family:
  1. Toilet train my youngest child (Last one! HOORAY!)
  2. Take a family relationships course with my husband
Writing:
  1. Finish a third book, start a fourth
  2. Read and review one recently published book every week
Music:
  1. Learn to sing full voice in my upper register
  2. Practice the harp - learn some new songs
Home:
  1. Do ALL the bathrooms - new tile, new paint, new fixtures
  2. Plant spring, summer, and fall gardens, and keep the plot tidy
Me:
  1. Learn to express how I feel before I get so angry I'm about to burst.
  2. Do less and be more

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great goals - have a great year achieving them!!