Saturday, March 15, 2008

How to Build a Harp and Other Random Thoughts


One thing I do to save time and effort when I build a harp is to cut the pillar and arch out of a single piece of plywood. There are always some core flaws in the plywood, but that's what wood putty is for. After I cut the piece I go over it and pack putty into all the flaws, then come back the next day and sand everything down.












For our Relief Society dinner we had these chicken rolls. They were so good I decided to try make them myself for dinner tonight. Instead of packaged roll dough I made a biscuit dough from scratch, rolled it out into a 14 inch circle, and then cut it into 12 triangles with a pizza cutting wheel. The filling was one poached chicken breast cubed in 1/2 inch pieces, one can of mushrooms, and half a cup of sour cream. I put a couple tablespoons of filling on each triangle, rolled them up, dipped them in melted butter and then dredged them in crumbs. Baked for 20 minutes at 425, and everyone loved them!

That last picture is of our paper shredder. We don't need a paper shredder for sensitive documents at our house. I just hand all the credit card applications and voided checks to the gerbil.

1 comment:

Teric said...

Hehe organic recycling at its finest. How long does it take the Gerbil to shred a standard 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper? And with all of the junk mail, doesn't the gerbil's cage get overloaded?