Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Why Didn't I Do This Before?

In getting ready for a possible move this summer, I'm painting and repairing my house, doing things I've meant to do for years but never got around to. Why didn't I do this earlier so that I could enjoy my home the way I wanted it to be?

I'll tell you why:

  1. I had a toddler in the house. My friend Crystine says she painted her house with a toddler around, but she can also read a book while crocheting (she turns the pages with her toes). I'm not up for that kind of frustration. I could just see little footprints in paint all over my carpet. I didn't want to go there.
  2. I would have had to do it all over anyways. Last year I painted one wall. One wall. And it already needs to be repainted due to popped nails and general kid damage.
  3. I was writing books! Who has time for home improvement when in the middle of a major writing project?
So, there are my excuses. I'll take some pictures and post them when it's all done.

1 comment:

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Even before kids, I completely remodeled, only to have to move in 6 mos. Life is just unpredictable. Paint only when necessary! :)