Sunday, August 8, 2010

What I Like About Living in La'ie

1. Tile floors. I never want carpet again.


2. I can walk to the grocery store. I've always wanted to live somewhere where I could walk to the grocery store. The other day I was making coleslaw when I realized I didn't have any vinegar. No problem! I put the chopped cabbage in the refrigerator and went across the street, around the corner, and got some.

3. I can walk to the beach.

4. I can walk to the Polynesian Cultural Center. There I can walk around and visit Tahiti, Samoa, New Zealand, Tonga, and Rapa Nui without ever getting on an airplane.
5. I can walk out my back door and hang out my laundry. Back in Henderson when I tried to hang out my laundry it always came in smelling like desert dust. Here in La'ie when I hang out my laundry, it comes in smelling like tropical flowers.

6. And, at that grocery store I can walk to, the pineapples sometimes go on sale for 99 cents each.

More on pineapples in my next post. I'm going to show you how to plant one.

5 comments:

Heike said...

Awesome.
No carbet. I am with you on that one. I am glad you guys are enjoying Hawaii so much.

Heike said...

carpet!!!

bec said...

I LOVE that you are so happy! Those are some wonderful perks!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I want to move in with you guys! I'd love if my laundry smelled like tropical flowers.

Unknown said...

It sounds wonderful!