Friday, January 6, 2012

Draft 9 R.I.P.

It was back to work today, which meant the start of draft 10, which is really and truly my final draft I mean it.


This time I'm working on one chapter at a time, getting everything just the way I want it, and printing it out before moving on to the next chapter. The previous draft goes into this box, bit by bit.

And then what am I going to do? I'm going to read my book on my son's new Kindle! Because that way it will look like a real book to my brain (which by then will have already read several other real books on the Kindle). My senses can tell the difference between a computer print-out of a manuscript in a 3-ring binder and a paperback-bound book. But I'm going to completely fool myself this time.

Maybe then I'll be able to see the book for what it is.


No comments: