Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Endless Laundry Loop

I daydream while I'm doing my housework. Housework takes very little mental effort, so I give it none at all. For example, this morning I put the clean laundry from the dryer into the basket, put the wet laundry from the washer into the dryer, put more soap into the washer and started filling it with water, and then without thinking I emptied clean laundry basket RIGHT BACK INTO THE WASHING MACHINE!

By the time I realized what I had done, the clean laundry was already wet and soapy, so I just let it run through another wash cycle.

A minute ago I went to move the laundry again. The dry, clean laundry went into the empty basket, the wet laundry went into the drier, I added soap and started the water, looked down at my feet and saw a basket full of laundry and started putting it into the washer.

About half way through the basket I realized I HAD DONE IT AGAIN! I was putting freshly cleaned clothes RIGHT BACK IN THE WASHER! I picked up the half full basket of clean laundry, hurried to the doorway, and deposited it out in the hall where it would be safe. Then I went and found some real dirty laundry to fill up the rest of the load.

6 comments:

Kira said...

See ... I'm just still impressed that you were getting SOOOOOO many loads done in one day! I don't think I would know what to do if I actually finished two loads on the same calendar day. LOL.

Rebecca J. Carlson said...

Honey, there are seven people in this house. If I only did one load a day, someone would run out of clean clothes before the end of the week.

Kathy said...

Hey, daughter of mine, you have my genes, i guess. How many times have I been working on dinner in the kitchen only to realize that I have been throwing the good part of whatever food item it is into the trash and putting the waste into the bowl (ie: egg shells in, egg out, stems in, body of plant out - you get the picture) Love ya - Mom :-)

Frozen Cacti said...

That's just sick! It never ends does it?

Teric said...

ACK I can't say I've ever done that, Rebecca, but I do try to get a load of laundry done each day.

Oh, by the way: I completed my character's backstory! If you'd like to see it, you can go here:

Link

Click on the 'download' link in the upper-middle section of the page.

Mary said...

funny!!!!!