Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Importance of Being Sharp

I finished all the routing on the harp today. Last time it seemed the routing was the most horrible, time-consuming part of the whole process. When I started it last week it looked like I had remembered correctly. Frustrated, I took a closer look at my router bit. Blackened and dull, it wouldn't even scratch my finger. So why was I expecting it to cut oak boards?

When I went down to Lowe's they didn't have 1/8" routing bits for the Dremel, so I ordered two new ones off of Amazon.com instead. It is scary what you can buy through Amazon! They came in the mail a couple of days ago, and I finally got around to trying them this afternoon. I could not believe the difference it made to have a sharp bit. The whole project was finished in two hours.

1 comment:

Zaboo said...

Kind of like when I filled my car tires with more air - suddenly the car drove so much better!