Friday, September 26, 2008

Draft Two Done at Last!

For a while there I thought I might not make it, but this morning I added the final scene to my second draft. The book is 52,000 words long now, just about right for a short middle-grade novel. Now I'm going to take a break for a week while my fabulous team of test readers (thanks again, folks) gets to work. I'll take their suggestions and keep them in mind as I do another reading and mark-up before I begin draft three.

What am I going to do on my one week vacation? PAINT THE UPSTAIRS BATHROOM! It has been nearly a year since I ripped out the floor. That must be one big advantage of paying someone else to do your home improvement projects - THEY ACTUALLY GET DONE!

2 comments:

Kira said...

I'd love to read one of your drafts if I can. It's so exciting! :)

Rebecca J. Carlson said...

I'll put you first in line to read draft three, then. I'll want some people to read both drafts to tell me if I've actually improved things, but I'll also need people who haven't read the second draft to read the third.