Saturday, September 20, 2008

Test Readers Wanted


After slogging through some murky chapters that had to be completely re-written, I have emerged into the fast paced, riveting, helicopters-guns-and-rockets portion of my book. This part turned out well the first time and only needs minor work. Earthcrosser will be ready for test readers by the end of next week.

The book is a quick read, 180 pages of pure science fiction. If any of you think you'll have time to read such a book during the week of Sept 28-Oct 4, do let me know. If you don't have time this time around, I'll probably need a second wave of test readers in mid-October and you can sign on then. Also ask your children, especially those in the 9 through 12 age range. They're my actual target audience.

Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support! That's what makes writing so much fun.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You know I'm always open to reading more of your work! :)

Brig said...

My 8 1/2 year old said he'd love to read it. We just finished Ender's Game though, which may be a tough act to follow... ;)

Rebecca J. Carlson said...

Great, Brig! I'll need your e-mail address.

Frozen Cacti said...

I know Thomas would absolutely love to read it...I'll send you an e-mail with our address if you still have a copy to send.

Kathy said...

even though i'm your mom, i must admit that the books i seem to enjoy at this stage in life are those that are written to appeal to just this age group! bring it on! i can't wait!

Brig said...

digrat at gmail dot com

angela said...

I loved draft 2. I emailed you my comments - I hope they came in time.

I have a good friend named Kjelene who loves young adult fiction and has two sons - one 9 and one 11. They would like to know if their family can read draft 3 when it's done.