Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Microwave Popcorn

When the popcorn is in the microwave, popping away like crazy, you know you should leave it in there. But then when the pops come slower and slower, one second, two seconds . . . you know more kernels would pop if you left it in, but if you leave it in any longer its going to burn.

That's how I feel about my manuscript. I keep thinking of little things I want to change. They pop up while I'm driving, while I'm walking, while I'm doing housework. When I get a chance I go to the computer and type them in. That could go on for days, but it wouldn't make the manuscript much better. In fact, it might make it worse.

So I sent it in. Yes, I clicked the send button.

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

becbloggin said...

wow! exciting. best of luck and cant wait to hear :)

Kimbooly said...

Wow.

You did it. Big gulp and good luck!

I sent the book to Rob to read, but he hasn't read it yet, so I'm sorry you didn't get to hear his perspective yet.

Unknown said...

This is actually mom on dad's computer... We both are so excited for you as you take this big step. No matter what the outcome, it has been an exciting journey thus far, eh? But we both feel you have done a brilliant job & have indeed created something well worth publishing! So now we wait and see...

Kathy said...

loved the microwave popping corn analogy!!!