Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rebeca's Reviews: Kung Fu Panda

I have one thing to say about Dreamworks Animation's "Kung Fu Panda."

The characters and story were so good I entirely forgot I was watching computer generated animation.

As the closing credits rolled, I sat up in sudden surprise and exclaimed, "That was CGI!" Sure, the animation was awesome, the styling was incredible, and there were 3-D shots that could only have been done in the computer, but I got so absorbed in the story I never thought about the media.

That, to me, is a great achievement of storytelling.

The film is PG for animated Kung Fu action, and has a few vulgar gags thrown in, so parents should definitely watch it first to make sure it is appropriate for their children. Don't worry, parents, you'll want to watch it again with the kids.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've wanted to see this for awhile...good to know it's as good as the hype says!

Teric said...

I *THOROUGHLY* enjoyed King Fu Panda. The humor was witty and avoided cliche, the characters were memorable and had depth.

One of my favorite lines was when Master Sifoo was complaining to Master Ugwe about the fact that Po was a panda. "A Panda?!" The humor behind it is the fact that Master Sifoo is, himself, a red panda.

I'd love to see that movie again with the kids.

becbloggin said...

i couldnt agree more...but i could never say it as well as you :) thanks for your awesome reviews!

Frozen Cacti said...

It was really well done. It's on our Wish list.

Did you see Twilight? I'm wondering what you think of it, if you did.

Kimbooly said...

We have watched this at the dollar theater three times, and have loved it. I agree I don't like the little bit of vulgar in there, like the overuse of the phrase "this sucks."

Skidooosh!!! (I just figured it out myself)